Browser Settings and Cookies
We also use technology – such as Google Analytics – that uses Internet Protocol (IP) information exchanges during the course of normal web activity combined with data-enhancement technology to get detailed analytics information.
Advertising on the web
On unaffiliated sites, CET displays interest-based advertising using the information you make available to us when you interact with our sites, content, or services. Interest-based ads, also sometimes referred to as personalised or targeted ads, are displayed to you based on information from activities such as purchasing on our sites, use of devices, apps or software, visiting sites that contain CET content or ads, or using our payment services.
This allows us to provide you with more useful and relevant ads. We do not associate your interaction with unaffiliated sites with your identity in providing you with interest-based ads. We do not provide any personal information to advertisers or to third party sites that display our interest-based ads.
What Cookies do we use?
Cookies can be broadly split into 4 categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are essential for operation of the website and application. They don’t collect any personal information about you. They may include, for example, logging into secure areas of the website, use of a shopping basket or using e-billing services.
- Performance Cookies – These cookies allow us to monitor the behavioral activity of our users. We use these cookies to help us to improve the way our website and application works for you. Types of information they collect include, for example how many visitors to the website or which pages they had come from previously.
- Functionality Cookies – These cookies allow us to personalize your experience and recognize when our users return to our website and application. They may provide services which include, for example, choice of layout.
- Targeting Cookies – These cookies record a user’s visit to a website, the individual pages visited and links followed. These cookies may be set by a third party and may be used to target users for online advertising.
You may modify the settings in most browsers to notify you when you receive a new cookie and disable cookies altogether. Please note that removing all CET cookies will lessen the experience of using our services, and you may not be able to login. You can also selective opt out of specific cookies to control what advertising you receive:
- Google Adchoices
- Facebook advertising controls
- Twitter advertising controls
- Linkedin advertising controls
To manually remove the cookies, search for creativeeconomy.team in your browser privacy settings. Highlight the cookies that are shown and press delete. This will remove the cookies from your machine until you visit CET again.
How to control and delete cookies
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by Londontechweek.com, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how.
For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of creativeeconomy.team
Last updated: 28 June 2023